‹ Go back to overview
Institutional and organisational assessment of the Ministry of Health of Ghana and its agencies
Field of Expertise:
Health Policy and Governance; Policy, Governance, System; Health Policy / Policy Dialogue / Governance / Legal framework
Narrative description of project:
The MOH of Ghana requested a team of experienced consultants / facilitators to carry out an institutional and organisational assessment of the national health sector. This exercise was expected to provide more insight into the various determinants of underperformance and to contribute to improved division of labour between the MOH as the steward of the sector and the various agencies, responsible for health care financing and service delivery.
Description of services provided:
- Development of a conceptual framework including macro and sector specific factors impacting on sector performance
- Analysis of policy, legal and financial context in which the sector operates
- Mapping of key players working within the public sector, including their mandate, role and functions;
- Compilation of document, proposing some selected options for improving sector performance.
- Facilitation of validation meeting to agree on leadership & organizational development plan for the sector.